Wednesday 30 November 2011

The Other Side

I have been meaning to blog for a while about something that I experienced recently and wanted to share but, havent yet managed to organize my days to write ! Meanwhile, I would like to share this story with you. There is nothing new about it and we all probably would have heard about it in several ways, several times over the years whilst doing the tedious job of growing into an adult. Despite this, it is always nice to go back and read that which we subconsciously never acknowledge :)


One day a young Bhuddist on his journey home came to the banks of a wide river.
Starring hopelessly on the great obstacle, he pondered for hours on just how to cross this great barrier.
 Just as he was about to give up his pursuit on the journey, he saw a great teacher on the other side of the river. The young Bhuddist calls over to the teacher, "Oh wise one! Can you tell me how to get to the other side of the river"?
The teachers ponders for a moment, looks up and down the river and yells back,
 "My son, you are on the other side of the river".

No comments: