Friday 20 September 2013

Why I think 'editing' is important in real life?

Why I think 'editing' is important in real life?


They say, a good book needs good editing ! Likewise, I think for a good life you need good editing (of-course this happens in the brain and there is no material proof of any form for you to go back to for reference!).
Our brains are so perfectly wired to remember the bad bits in life more often and alarmingly at more depth than the good bits. For example, I had a really bad day at work one day and I let myself spoil the entire week in every single way because of it. I was irritable, upset, angry at little things which dont matter, simply because I kept constantly remembering and re-accounting the bad bits in my head. I certainly dont remember if anything funny or nice that might have happened that day. I dont remember if anyone was kind to me that day. I dont remember sharing a laugh with a friend. Nothing. So this really begs for a question: Why is it we remember bad times better than the good?
I realize strong memories often have an impact on emotional being, but really is it that hard to only or practically speaking, better remember just the good things in life? 

I guess after all it is like a little 'pick & mix' game. Children get the much coveted joy of picking and mixing their own choice of candies when you give them a bag. After careful deliberation they turn back to you with their little faces filled with smile and contempt.
But if you notice a little longer, their facial expressions would then tell you which ones they like and which ones they hate ! Every now and then they find a new variety of bitter and foul tasting candy. After this, in fact with much ease and no confusion, they finish all the good tasting candies to leave out all those ugly, nasty, sour ones for the bin. How nice it would be if we could apply this simple trick of pick & mix to every day life?

After all the best way of forgetting bad things in life is to learn to remember the good things !
Writing this out on my blog makes it so much clearer to me :) So folks, if ever you have a negative experience with a person you love, dont love, doesnt matter, filtering and editing is good. Editing is amazing ! Remember just the things that makes you happy and this will invariably have a domino effect. And certainly blogging after about two years feels right. Adios for now! Have a good weekend.

















2 comments:

UX Design Studio said...

Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

Ciba Vision Freshlook Contact Lens said...

Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.